Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? If so, apply at Management & Training Corporation (MTC). We are a leader in the management and operation of private correctional facilities; and, the 3rd largest private operator of adult correctional facilities in the world. MTC believes in rehabilitation through educational opportunities. MTC maintains a secure, productive and positive work environment and cares deeply about the well-being and the success of both its participants and employees.
MTC-North Central Correctional Complex in Marion, OH has an opening for:
Deputy Warden of Operations
Reports to the Warden. Directly supervises the chief of security, unit manager administrator, and the secretary. Responsible for overall management of security and unit management operations in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Plan, coordinate and direct the total administrative and programmatic activities of the departments assigned.
Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the manager, human resources 2. prior to implementation.
3. Develop departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
4. Closely monitor the inmate disciplinary and grievance processes to ensure staff compliance.
5. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting security. Coordinate with training and safety captain to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
6. Direct procedures and practices relating to the training and counseling of inmates and security of staff and inmates; maintain constant vigilance of employees and inmates through staff assignments to insure that policies, rules, and regulations are being adhered to and that none are violated.
7. Conduct weekly inspections of prison to ensure compliance with health, safety, and security standards.
8. Provide, through administrative assignments, proper number of officers and other personnel for all security functions; oversee preparation of work and other related reports on inmates for the classification committee and permanent record of inmates showing progress and estimating rehabilitative prospects.
9. Monitor staff selection process of potential employees to ensure adherence to all applicable laws, MTC, and Ohio regulations, and select qualified applicants to fill vacancies as needed.
Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Successful candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public or business administration, education, counseling or other related field preferred and five (5) years correctional experience, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post hire requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in service training requirements.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.mtctrains.com or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions? Call Scott DeCloedt at 801-693-2604.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran