See job description/ posting on-line for further requirement/details
This is the administrative level responsible for directing, planning, coordinating and implementing all health related services of in-patient, clinical or community services.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete if job requirements are met.
- Three years experience in practicing as a Board Certified Physician in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- One year experience working in a correctional healthcare environment.
- Six months experience in managing and negotiating the use of resources, such as grants, budgets and contracts to achieve programmatic or organizational goals, and evaluating the effectiveness of the delivery of those services.
Performs physical examinations, assesses condition, makes diagnoses, orders laboratory tests and makes recommendations and referrals.
Prescribes treatment, monitors patient's progress and adapts treatments.
Performs outpatient surgical procedures in scheduled and emergency situations.
Makes rounds with medical and nursing personnel; explains history, course of treatment, and current status of assigned cases; takes part in conferences concerning cases; recommends future treatment or action; counsels individuals and relatives about physical, medical and mental conditions.
Prepares various records such as progress notes and summaries; writes orders.
Instructs nursing and related medical staff in specific treatments.
Develops and administers comprehensive plans to ensure the most positive prognosis available.
Provide individuals and families with information regarding physical and medical status.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in the following:
- Possession of a Delaware Physician M.D. or Delaware Physician D.O. license or eligibility for a Delaware license.
- Three years experience in health or human services program administration such as overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of health or human services programs and services; planning and establishing short and long range program goals and objectives. Providing advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
- Three years experience in developing policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in practicing medicine in a hospital, clinic or private practice.
This posting may be closed on or before 11/14/17 upon filling the position.
A satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment drug test is required as a condition of hire.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.