Corrections Certification Program
- What is Certification?
- What types and levels of Certification are available?
- Adult Correctional Staff
- Juvenile Justice Staff
- Correctional Nurses and Nurse Managers
- Strategic Threat Group (STG) Supervisors and Managers
- Provisional Certification is offered for newly-hired staff and graduating students
- What advantages does Certification offer?
- How would becoming a Certified Corrections Professional (CCP) better my staff, my institution, and/or my agency?
Click Here to Learn More about ACA
- What levels of education or experience are required for someone
- Once certified, what steps are necessary to maintain Certification?
- What are the requirements for individuals who have retired from a
full-time correctional career but maintain work in the field (ex.
instructors, consultants, etc)?
- How do I apply?
Click Here to Learn More about the Application Requirements for ACA
Certification Acceptance and Examination
- What is the process for acceptance and examination?
- When and where are CCP examinations offered?
- Does ACA offer any resources or assistance?
- What is the cost of certification?
- What is ACA’s Code of Ethics?
- Can certification be revoked?
Click Here to Learn More about Acceptance and Examination for ACA
Re-Certification Practices and Procedures
- In order to maintain certification, what events/classes/exercises
count for Re-Certification Credits?
- How many Re-Certification Credits are necessary?
- Does ACA offer any resources or assistance for Re-Certification?
- What is the cost of Re-Certification?
Click here to Learn More about Re-Certification Practices
and Procedures for ACA Professional Certification
Contact ACA Regarding Certification
Agencies and Facilities
Discounts are available! Agencies may complete our request form to learn
more about volume discounts.
Agency Request Form
If you have questions after reviewing the website, please contact Kristen Furdyna, Certification Manager, at
KristenF@aca.org or by Phone at: 703-224-0175.