HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR - NURSE DIRECTOR – Newark, NJ
Are you a nurse leader ready to take the next step in your career?
CFG Health Systems is hiring at Essex County Correctional Facility. Serve as the chief on-site administrative manager responsible for the delivery of contract services, and supervision of personnel & liaison services within the institution.
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the health service unit assigned staff.
- Develop healthcare policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the medical director.
- Meet with the institutional authority or his/her designee on a regular basis to optimize healthcare services within the institution.
- Provide administrative support for activities of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Annual In-service Training Program and Quality Improvement program with the assistance of the Director of Nursing as needed.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection of candidates with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure that a proper orientation is provided to all new employees.
- Develop and maintain a personnel staffing schedule to meet contract requirements.
- Approve all employee and independent contractor time records and ensure that payroll/reimbursement information is forwarded to CFG central office within the established time frames.
- Coordinate with hospital administrators the delivery of services at outside the institution. When appropriate, negotiate third party contracts for the institution.
- Prepare and submit monthly statistical data and other required reports to the Institutional Authority and to the CEO, Vice President or President.
- Coordinate the Annual Health Services Planning Process.
- Manage the financial performance of the contract site, by evaluating and approving all expenditures before payment and ensuring the cost-effective controls are established & operating without sacrificing the quality of healthcare.
- Develop and maintain the contract services budget.
- A current CPR/BLS card with demonstrated and cognitive skills is required.
- RN, PA or Nurse Practitioner with management experience in a Correctional facility setting preferred.
- Experience relative to a healthcare setting or an equivalent academic background.
Apply now! www.cfghealthsystems.com
(See full job description #2020-4021)