Leadership Development for Corrections Professional
ACA’s Leadership Development Program teaches participants to assess the challenging dynamics of their organizational culture and their role as leaders within it. The training can be customized to meet the needs of agencies.
Topics covered during the training include:
- The role of the 21st century leader — visioning for the future
- Situational leadership
- Team building and empowering employees
- Assessing organizational cultures
- Human resources challenges in corrections
- Ethics, loyalty, and professionalism
- Managing and leading change
- Practicing creativity and fostering innovation
- Leadership development planning
Each participant completes a 360-degree feedback assessment.
The two-phase training involves a 10-day training experience that includes a four-month break between the phases to allow participants time to work on a specific organizational project that is processed during the second phase. Each participant completes a 360-degree feedback assessment.
Upon successfully completing this program, participants leave with:
- Study material to become a certified corrections manager/executive (CCM/CCE)
- CCM/CCE certificate for successful candidates
- All training materials (including the feedback instrument)
- Certificate of completion for the training
Contact Doreen Efeti, Director of Professional Development, at email@example.com or 703.224.0120.